From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Calc] Feature request: Change default cell width from 2,27cm to 2,50cm
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 01:23:57 GMT
Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Lewis schrieb:
>> Regina Henschel wrote:
>>> Hi Josef,

>>> Of cause I can set the column width to 2.5cm in the
>>> template and save
>>> that. But every new document based on that template
>>> starts with column
>>> width 2.27cm.
>>>
>>> How do you set the template column width?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Regina
>> Create a spreadsheet in which all the columns have a
>> width of 2.5cm.
>> Save it as a template in the template folder of the user
>> folder. File >
>> Templates > Organize. Open the My Templates folder, right
>> click the
>> template, and select Set as default template. Close the
>> dialog.
>> The next time you open a new spreadsheet, the columns
>> should be 2.50cm.
>>
>> --Dan
>
> Have you tried it? I know to set a new standard document
> template. But I always get column width 2.27cm in a new
> document despite of the setting in the template.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina
      Yes, what I wrote to the list is what I did first to
make sure I was correct. Since that time I have opened a new
spreadsheet, and the column widths were 2.50cm. Then I
changed the width of columns B, D, F, and H to 2.00cm. I
then saved it as a template in the
.libreoffice/3/user/template folder. I closed the
spreadsheet, and then opened a new spreadsheet. Columns A,
C, E, G had a column width of 2.50cm; columns B, D, F, and H
had a column width of 2.00cm. (I did not check the columns
past H.)
      This was done on LO 3.4.6 from the ODF website (Debian
version)
      Second test: I have since copied this template to LO
3.5.3.2 (I have not installed 3.5.4.2.) Then I used File >
Templates > Organize to set this template as the default
Calc template. When I opened a new spreadsheet in LO
3.5.3.2, columns A, C, E, & G were 2.50cm wide; columns B,
D, F, and H were 2.00cm wide.
     My
--Dan