From "Easton, William" <jeas...@ucsd.edu>
Subject Complex numbers in functions
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:04:00 GMT
I am having difficulties trying to do complex number calculations.

First, it is a real pain to have to use functions for ordinary operations. I would like to
propose a simple switch that might pop up if a complex number were detected substituting the
complex versions of *,/,+,- for the real counterparts. Even more radical would be to do the
same for functions, but one might need a compatibility mode.

However, I am finding that things like improduct(1+2j;3-4j) do not work.

Advice? Thoughts?

Thank you.

Jim Easton
858-527-0240