From Jim Plante <jimpla...@me.com>
Subject Re: DOWNLOADING INTERNET POWERPOINTS
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 19:01:08 GMT
Yogi,
On a Mac, you just drag the .PPT file's icon onto the AOO icon. It'll convert it, load it,
and start it automatically. Windows is probably similar. There's a way to inform Windows that
you want to open a file with a specific program. Just use that.

Alternatively, fire up AOO, and use the File->Open dialog to select your .ppt file. There's
no other action you have to take. Don't overcomplicate things.

(You mean I could charge $50 for *that*???? :-)

Jim Plante

On Jun 5, 2012, at 1:24 PM, jebair@juno.com wrote:

> I have tried every way I can think of to contact you about a question I have regarding
Impress. I refuse to pay $58 to a tech person, only to find out that your program doesn't
have the following function. How do I download an internet powerpoint to Open Office Impress
for use in my teaching. I have searched everywhere, including your user manual, for the answer
to this question and have have come up empty. Certainly, others have wanted to use powerpoints
on various websites for their presentations. Many powerpoints come in Microsoft format and
are downloaded to Microsoft Powerpoint, but Open Office is supposed to be compatible with
Microsoft Office. If you can't give me an email reply, please direct me to someone for help,
other than a paid techie. Thanks. YOGI