From upscope <upsc...@nwi.net>
Subject Re: Can you help me?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 06:35:22 PM Marge Schlitt wrote:
> Regina - you are a lifesaver! I hardly slept last night cause I
> couldn't figure out how to proceed with my problems, but I took your
> advice and it worked! For the most part. Actually, on the way to get
> "Landscape," I went to the "Default" button and it shows only
> Clear formatting
> Heading 1
> Heading 2
> Heading 3
> Text Body
> More . . .
>
> When I touch "More" I get a long list of other things. Nothing about
> "landscape."
>
> I think there is something else I should do. Any ideas?
> Thanks muchly!
>
> >Hi Marge,
> >
> >Yes, we can help you.
> >
> >But please make it easier for us and more useful for the archive by
> >writing for each topic a separate mail and put the topic into the
> >subject line.
> >
> >Marge Schlitt schrieb:
> >>I'm new to Open Office, and there are a couple of hurdles I can't
> >>overcome:
> >>
> >>1.  How do I change the default font to Helvetica? I know how to
> >>change it every time I start a new file, but I want to have
> >>Helvetica every time automatically.
> >
> >When a Textdocument is opened goto menu Tools > Options. There to
> >'OpenOffice.org Writer' > Basic Fonts. This personal settings are
> >used for the default document template.
> >
> >>2. How do I stop it from insisting that every time I enter a set of
> >>numbered paragraphs that they be indented instead of left flush?  I
> >>want to number things and place them where I want them, not where
> >>someone else thinks they should go.
> >
> >Here two things come together. There is an automatism that changes
> >consecutive numbered lines to true lists. This resulting list has an
> >indent as default setting.
> >
> >Ways out:
> >1. Disable the automatism: Menu Tools > AutoCorrect Options > Dialog
> >page "Options". Deactivate the option "Apply numbering".
> >2. Do not type the numbering yourself but use a numbering style.
> >Type your first item without a number, open "Style and formatting"
> >window (e.g. via key F11), click on button "List styles", double
> >click on one of the predefined numbering styles. Right click on the
> >style, click 'Modify' and change the settings to your preferred
> >style.
> >
> >If you will keep the automatically made list and only want to alter
> >its appearance, then right click a list item and choose
> >"Numbering/Bullets" from that context menu. In the dialog itself
> >goto tab 'Position' and set the indent as you want.
> >
> >>3. Sometimes I have put some text into columns and then I want to
> >>change my mind. How do I undo the columns?
> >
> >While cursor is inside such column goto menu Format > Sections.
> >Click on 'Remove' and OK.
> >
> >>4. How can I get it to lay out landscape instead of vertical? When I
> >>go to Format -> Flip,  the Flip message for vertical or landscape
> [...]

I use LibreOffice but this should be the same in AOO. If your trying to
set a landscape page go to Format --> Page --> Page and half way down
you should see Orientation. Select Portrait or Landscape. I am assuming
Apache has not changed that.

Hope that helps.

------
Russ
openSUSE 12.1(3.1.10-1.9-desktop x86_64)|KDE Platform Version
4.8.3 (4.8.3) "release 504"|Intel core2duo 2.5 MHZ,|8GB
DDR3|GeForce 8400GS(NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-295.53)