From drew <d...@baseanswers.com>
Subject Re: English[USA] thesaurus
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:57:26 GMT
On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 16:54 +0100, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> Hi Dan
> So I need an dictionary extension!  You mention an English (USA), I am
> Welsh, and work in both English (UK) and Welsh (Brythonic (British
> Language)) that should be fun in translation.  So I need to download a USA
> English extension, and with the thesaurus be in that?  Anyway many thanks
> from an old tired Welshman.  Diolch yn fawr (thank you very much).
>
> Best regards Jero mab Cymru (Jero son of Wales).

Howdy Jero son of Wales, Dan, et al

well, twir the it were so easy...

Problem that I see is that I can't find a En or En_US or En_UK or.. oxt
with a thesaurus. I can find one for En_CA, alright, well I can pretend
to be north of the border for a bit...but installing to 3.4 does not
activate it...hmm, makes sense as there is no En_CA language pack for
3.4 so no way to tell the application 'Eh, be a canuk for a bit..will
yah'..

so I think what one has here is a huge opportunity for anyone wishing to
make a very nice contribution - an English thesaurus - I don't know how
much work that is, more then a weekend I suppose *chuckling*.

Unless, and I'd be very happy if this were so, someone knows of where to
lay their hands on a file, currently?

//drew