From "Rod Lockwood" <rodlockw...@provide.net>
Subject Re: File associations - LibreOffice and OpenOffice on Windows 7
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 12:50:36 GMT
W7 Does not have the file types tab that XP had. However, you can download
the File Types Manager
(http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html) and use it to
create a second open option from the default. Say you want LO to be the
default, then you might add an "Open in OO" option. I used this for my
text files dilemma where I wanted Notepad for quick and dirty editing or
viewing and my text editor for when I want to edit polished files.

If you are familiar with editing file types in XP, it is fairly similar in
File Types Manager. Mostly it is that the interface is different.

Otherwise you would have to edit the registry directly.

--
Rod Lockwood <rodlockwood@provide.net>