From "Rod Lockwood" <rodlockw...@provide.net>
Subject Not happy with the Google results
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 12:34:54 GMT
I wanted to find where to get technical support on a question so I started
to Google it. Then I decided to just see if the answer was available
already so I tried that first. What I found out was very disappointing and
discouraging.

I do not want to be involved in or listen to a war.

I had Oracle OpenOffice installed. I installed LibreOffice after Oracle
quit supporting OpenOffice. Now I downloaded and installed Apache
OpenOffice into the OpenOffice folder effectively upgrading OpenOffice.
However, it is using the old settings, and worse, the old template folder
and history list.

Now I would like to import or merge the LibreOffice settings etc. into
OpenOffice and make everything one again.

But instead what do I find? What seems to be a war. A stupid,
inconvenient, unnecessary dispute between LibreOffice and OpenOffice. I
have no patience with this nonsense. I do not care about the details. As
far as I am concerned there should not be two programs still.  I want a
resolution soon, so I can go on with my projects without any decision as
to which of the two office suites is better or whatever the argument is.
Until then I am not going into a forum where I ask how to import/merge
LibreOffice with the Apache OpenOffice and receive whining about
incompatibility, loss of features and a lot of other things that I don’t
care about. I realize it may not be as bad as it seems, but I am reluctant
to post in the forum anyway.

As  far as I am concerned Apache should have made sure all of the good
features that are in LibreOffice would be in OpenOffice. LibreOffice
developers and users should have expected that once OpenOffice was being
continued and supported LibreOffice would no longer be needed and any
developers should have been helping to develop OpenOffice.

Until AOO 3.5 comes out I guess I will continue to use LibreOffice.

--
Sincerely,
Rod Lockwood (White Phoenix)