From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EXT] Oracle MySQL connector (was Mac OSX, Mysql native connector extension, and crashes)
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 14:44:07 GMT
Le 27/05/12 23:03, Ariel Constenla-Haile a écrit :

Hi Ariel,

> I guess now it's up to Oracle if they still want to make available
> a product they are no longer providing support.

Well if ODBC driver support is anything to go by, probably they will
not. I have just tried installing the Oracle/Sun provided ODBC tar ball
driver package on a 32bit Ubuntu machine, since the Ubuntu one isn't
even recognised as being installed on the system (despite it being there).

To say that the package has become lightweight is an understatement -
yes, you get the driver library *.so file, but you don't get the Setup
library, so when you call up your driver, it can't discover the
properties that it is supposed to support!

And don't get me started on Mac ODBC support, which is even worse. Try
running a 32bit driver on a 64bit operating system with a 32bit
application and see what happens - not a lot ;-)

So that leaves JDBC...ho hum...

Apologies for going off topic.

Alex