From Alexander Thurgood <alex.thurg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mac OSX, Mysql native connector extension, and crashes
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 16:11:49 GMT
Le 26/05/12 01:59, drew a écrit :

Hi Drew,

> I believe you missed an earlier decision by the group - that extension
> is no longer supported. No reason really to open a bug report.

No, I didn't ;-) but hell, I thought that seeing as it is still being
provided for download on the AOOo extensions site and that nothing on
there in relation to it says that it will probably no longer work, there
is an expectation by people who previously used OOo and then upgrade to
AOOo that the connector will continue to function.

In other words :
- if it is supposed to work, then the project should attempt to ensure
that it continues to work ;

- if it is not supposed to work, then the project should either put up,
as a minimum, the fact that it is no longer supported on the extensions
website, or else pull the extension completely - obviously, pulling the
extension would upset those who still may have a use for OOo 3.2.1 or
3.3.0 (myself included).

So I suppose, ultimately, the problem is one of communication by the
AOOo project to the broader slice of the unwitting population less
knowledgable about the decisions made earlier on in the year.

Alex