From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [linux] AOO 3.4.0 multiple crashes
Date Sat, 26 May 2012 19:06:03 GMT
Hi Regina,

On 05/26/2012 11:39 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
> hi NoOo,
>
> NoOp schrieb:
>> Released version AOO 3.4.0 linux (.deb) 32bit&  64bit /opt (non-distro)
>> install, En(US), 2 32bit machines, 64bit machine:
>> Note: I would have copy&  pasted the 'About' info, but Apache haven't
>> figure out how to allow the info to be C&P'ed yet).
>>
>> I can get AOO to crash simply by opening the AOO main menu, select
>> Tools|Options|OpenOffice.org. Also crashes at random with a Write or
>> Calc document open, but the T|O|O option seems to be easier to replicate
>> the crash. Java is:
>>
>> $ java -version
>> java version "1.6.0_22"
>> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.6) (6b22-1.10.6-0ubuntu1)
>> OpenJDK Client VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode, sharing)
>>
>> Crash info is an OpenOffice.org Recovery popup:
>> Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice.org crashed. All the files you
>> were working on will be saved. The next time OpenOffice.org is launched,
>> your files will be recovered automatically.
>>
>> The following files will be recovered:
>>
>> (this is blank as there was no doc open at the time.)
>>
>> Screenshot attached. I can't recall if this list allows attachements or
>> not like the old OOo users list, if not I can post elswhere.
>>
>> Starting from the command line reveals no information.
>>
>> Is anyone else experiencing the same/similar, and/or aware of a bug
>> report for this?
>
> That is likely a broken file in your AOO user folder. For Windows it
> would be the file registrymodifications.xcu, on Linux it is something
> similar. Please rename the file and try again. If the file is missing,
> it is created newly when AOO starts.
>
> Kind regards
> Regina

Yes, I'm very familiar with user profiles. That may be the problem as
I've data/files in .openoffice.org/3/user/temp and /store/tmp and those
directories should be clean/empty under normal circumstances.

>From previous dates I have a 'document_io_logring.txt' with data like
this in it:

/mnt/build/openoffice/apache/clean/trunk/main/package/source/xstor/xstorage.cxx:<unknown>:3206;
Rethrow
/mnt/build/openoffice/apache/clean/trunk/main/sfx2/source/doc/sfxbasemodel.cxx:<unknown>:1604;
storeSelf
/mnt/build/openoffice/apache/clean/trunk/main/sfx2/source/doc/sfxbasemodel.cxx:<unknown>:1615;
unexpected parameter for storeSelf, might be no problem if SaveAs is
executed.

Simply renaming the profile may only show that the problem is in the
user profile, but won't point to the problem in the profile. Plus I'd
need to run it for several days, rebuild extensions etc. So, I'll see if
I can troubleshoot the existing profile first (all three machines have
the same) by moving all of the temp/tmp files out, check for any lock
files, and removing one extension at a time first & reinstall them to
see if perhaps it's a corrupt extension issue.

That said, it would be nice if AOO provided crash data. I'll run an
strace & see if that shows anything.