From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Problem with 3.4
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 17:41:58 GMT
On 05/10/2012 01:47 PM, Cptn Jon wrote:
> I installed AOO 3.4 on my Vista-64 with the same problems, made the changes
> you suggested with success. I then decided to try something; I changed the
> Quickstart Icon's start location (in the Icons information) to the SOFFICE
> exe file and everything seems to run fine at this moment. Hope this could be
> a quick and easy fix.
>

> Ketch Yawl Later
>
>      Jon

I think you've found the cause: Quickstarter. I have/had exactly the
same problem in the linux build; the only way to stablize AOO was to
disable Quickstarter (which, for some reason is enabled by default). I
can recreate by re-enabling Quickstarter. If I get time I'll dig a
little deepger & file a bug report.

@John Gregson: From the menu toolbar: Tools|OpenOffice.org|Memory:
OpenOffice.org Quickstarter - uncheck 'Enable systray Quickstarter'.
Your document will most likely recover one more time, but should be fine
afterwards.

Gary