From NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [Mirrors] was (Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Released)
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 17:14:28 GMT
> When you click through on the download button on the
> www.openoffice.org/download page, it should offer you a download for
> your platform and language automatically. Also, if you click through
> to "All platforms, source, languages, language packs" beneath the
> larger download notice, all of those download links go through mirror
> selection.
>
> When a SourceForge download page opens, you have the option of
> accepting the download that is offered or of cancelling that (if it
> comes up) and trying "another mirror."  I see about 20 there.
>
> This is the normal way of operating with SourceForge downloads.
>
> If you want a different download than for the system you are
> accessing from, I am not certain what the drill is.  You might need
> to pick up one of the RC1 downloads from the committer snapshots
> page.
>
> - Dennis

Thanks, found it:
  http://www.openoffice.org/download/notes.html
    http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/mirrors/#mirrors

Downloading from a mirror is convenient for me as I can use ftp/wget and
limit the download bandwidth. A standard web client downloads at full
bandwidth rate and, as a result, temporarily slows down web access for
other users on the line.

Gary