From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Calc] Feature request: An easier way of laying out form elements
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 03:55:54 GMT
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Dwayne Henderson <
its.code.in.here@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Seeking an easier way of laying out form elements.
>
> Right now, after creating a form element, one has to spend a lot of time
> getting the PositionX, PositionY, Width and Height just right if one wants
> it to fit in nicely with the cell - without blocking out parts of its grid
> (
> http://i.imgur.com/7oeAU.png => http://i.imgur.com/idTKV.png) - or being
> too crammed to the left.
>
> I'm thinking:
>
> - A "Snap to grid" that snaps to the actual cell grid
> - A "Spacing to contents" for form elements such as Option Buttons, Check
> Boxes etc. so that they don't get too crammed to the left
> - "Text padding" for the text inside List Boxes etc. so that they too don't
> get too crammed to the left (currently one has to add a leading whitespace
> to remedy this: http://i.imgur.com/H7Yye.png)

KG01

Indeed, smarter defaults would reduce the amount of secondary formatting
and form layout refinements - making for a better experience

You've made many great suggestions. Consider capturing these requests as
individual requests for enhancement in BZ backlog.

Regards,
Kevin