From Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.aspl...@gmail.com>
Subject [ooo-users] Dealing with unfamiliar emails - was Re: New Guy, Suggestion
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 14:19:12 GMT
Good afternoon Mike,

You're certainly right in that if you have a good email client, simply
opening unfamiliar emails (as opposed to unfamiliar *attachments*) is
not a major security issue for many people. That said, some people
don't want to risk getting phished, for example.

On the other hand, Bill is right in that it helps to know that a given
email is from this list. Otherwise it can be difficult to tell that
it's not spam, and it may even be missed entirely in the flood of
email so many of us get. So I support his suggestion that as with many
other lists - including my own newsletter list - each post's Subject:
line should include some kind of indication. (I've manually inserted
one here.)

Cheers,

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Your mood can affect how you read this e-mail. Please read it with a smile.
(http://tonecheck.com)