From Jeffrey Deutsch <jdeutsch.aspl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ooo-users] Dealing with unfamiliar emails - was Re: New Guy, Suggestion
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 15:30:25 GMT
Hello Mike,

(1) Yes, phishing only happens after you click on links. And burglars
can only steal your jewelry once they get to your actual jewelry box.
Many people like multiple lines of defense.

(2) Personally, I think putting the list name in the Subject: line is
a good, economical way of alerting people to list posts. That may be
why it's common practice.

I say economical because (1) it's much easier to code it into the
system once than for everyone else to set up their own filters, not to
mention (2) such a Subject: line tag may make those filters much more
useful in the first place.

(3) I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by re-putting
[ooo-users] in the Subject: line - maybe the point that if the system
did it automatically, individuals wouldn't see a need to do it
themselves and thereby possibly clutter it up?

(I've fixed up the Subject: line appropriately, including reflecting
my belief that whatever your views on the subject it is not
off-topic.)

I respectfully suggest the list owners/managers consider doing this -
maybe after taking a membership poll?

Cheers,

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

Your mood can affect how you read this e-mail. Please read it with a smile.
(http://tonecheck.com)