From Tony <ableton...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting two scenarios next to each other
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 19:00:01 GMT
On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis@gmail.com> wrote:

>      I'm in agreement with another person on the forum: you should be
> using a database. All your calculations would be done in queries of that
> database. Your link to the data reveals the enormity of it. A well
> designed database can work with many more rows of data than a
> spreadsheet would.

True - I most certainly use a database for this. Thanks for your support!

>     Furthermore, by accessing the database using Base, you could use
> data from these queries to make a report in Calc. This could then be
> sent to the few people that need to have this information.

You mean I could have two versions of my spreadsheet - one "source" one
connected to my SQLite file or whatever, and another independent one which
I can send around to people without also sending them my SQLite file?
That'd be really cool, how do I do that?

Tony