From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Total User confusion
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 02:53:36 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Scooter C <scooter@scootersdesk.com> wrote:

> A Search brought up LibreOffice, so I thought I found it and installed it.
> Later I tripped over an article that mentioned Apache's take over of MY OOo
> and installed it. I also found this User group. I felt at home and bristle
> at negative comments about MY AOO in MY group! It used to be MS-Office jabs
> at my chosen office application, now its other Open Office programs
> represented by Mr. Cassia.!

I am sorry that you did not understand my messages.
It is still not clear to me what "YOUR" AOO means.

And just to clarify, I'm not a representative of anything, much less
Apache. I have used OpenOffice since it was a propietary product dubbed
"StarOffice" (v3.1), that came from a small German firm dubbed StarDivision
Gmbh, before the Sun Microsystems acquisition and its later release as open
source. I then continued using both OpenOffice.org and also purchased
StarOffice, to contribute within my means to its development. I believed in
the dual-licensing and opensource+commercial version model. That's why I'm
backing Apache and AOO.

The message you reference is an email I posted to show the kind of anti-AOO
articles appearing on the press as of late (just the last 3 of them), not
because I agree with them, but because those kind of articles deeply annoy
me...

Best,
FC
act