From Fernando Cassia <fcas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hello all, I'm Xin Li, the UX designer of Symphony
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 11:51:59 GMT
On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:21 AM, l x <lxnice123@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm Xin Li, I have been an UX designer for Symphony and I'm very glad to
> join ooo-users mailing list. I'd love to focus on AOO user experience work
> in the future.

As long as you don't want to turn AOO into Symphony, it's fine with
me. In other words... you have to keep in mind that AOO users come
from an OpenOffice.org background, and are used to its user interface.
If they liked Symphony more they'd be Symphony users, not OO.o

Translation: any changes to the AOO UI should be incremental and
carefully thought and a radical redesign avoided at all costs.

And for heaven's sake, do not repeat Microsoft's "Ribbon UI" disaster.
CUA exists for a reason. :)

FC

- George Orwell