From Doug Hovelson <doughovel...@msn.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to do this...
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 09:42:27 GMT

For up-to-date grammar (American style anyway) I use the Associated Press Stylebook, the Chicago
Manual of Style for particularly vexing questions. However, Yahoo has an excellent style guide
for writing on the Internet that is also different from the aforementioned guides. TO me it
comes down to how much you value readability -- I value it a lot, being someone eking out
a living as a writer, publicist, journalist, etc. -- how much effort you're willing to put
into proofreading and ultimately how much you respect your reader's right to expect reasonably
intelligible prose from you the writer. Also of primary consideration of course - how much
are you being paid to produce said writing...As Elmore Leonard said, "Anybody who writes and
doesn't get paid for it is a fool" or something like that. Say I, as I write away for nothing
here...

Doug Hovelson

doughovelson@msn.com

 Minneapolis > To: ooo-users@incubator.apache.org