From Jim Plante <jimpla...@me.com>
Subject Re: Scenarios inside a scenario
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 16:45:02 GMT

Conversion factors for the two scenarios can be handled by a VLOOKUP().

Since I haven't seen your problem personally, I'm guessing at a solution. Your file is no
longer available. If this annoys you, just say so and I'll leave you to it.

I'd add a sheet to reflect the 1kg, 1.5kg, and 2kg prices beside the countries. Let's call
it "Weights" and structure it like this:
Country   1 	1.5	2
Brazil    10.25  15.00	20.00
Russia    17.00  27.50  32.00

VLOOKUP (Weights.A1:Weights.A6  "=" Invoice.E21; Weights.A1:Weights.D6; 4; FALSE)

The first argument says to look up the word found in cell E21 on sheet "Invoice" in the table
found on Sheet "Weights" from cell A1 to cell A6. The *last* argument, "FALSE", says this
has to be an exact match.

The second argument says to look on the "Weights" sheet from A1 to D6. The third argument,
the index, says to take the return value from column number 4 of that array. (The first column
is "1", not "0").

This would return 20.00 for Brazil, or 32.00 for Russia, since the answer is to be found in
column 4. You might want to use an HLOOKUP to set that index.

Jim Plante