From Scooter C <scoo...@scootersdesk.com>
Subject Total User confusion
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 16:34:13 GMT
Good Afternoon Group,

The last few emails, Mr Cassia's comments and "Monumental weeping and
gnashing of teeth".
Made me do some research on my own because this whole switch to Apache
was confusing and the research didn't clear anything up. I did get some
explanations of what happened to my Open Office and what Apache's
"incubator" means.  The word itself makes me nervous. All it says to me
is that this is temporary, egg stage, incomplete.
I'll have to go through the "learning" stages all over again.

When my OOo 3.3 stopped updating, I knew my blissful use of Open Office
was at an end.
I was aware of the change via an email in my former OpenOffice.org group.
I wasn't prepared for this apparent war, when I was forced to leave my
comfort zone to find Open Office.
Finding was not so easy, all my resources, including my group, were gone.

A Search brought up LibreOffice, so I thought I found it and installed
it. Later I tripped over an article that mentioned Apache's take over of
MY OOo and installed it. I also found this User group. I felt at home
and bristle at negative comments about MY AOO in MY group! It used to be
MS-Office jabs at my chosen office application, now its other Open
Office programs represented by Mr. Cassia.!

This is supposed to be a USERS help line for AOO, not a bashing
opportunity for the disgruntled.

Take Care.
Scooter
College Park, MD USA