From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Monumental weeping and gnashing of teeth
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 16:18:07 GMT
On 05/29/2012 09:32 AM, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Fernado,
>
> Thanks!
>
> I started to respond here and decided that would be a distraction to
> the community.
>
> I started to respond on one of the blogs but decided that would be a
> distraction from my working on the standard.
>
> I think intelligent users will consider the source and make the
> appropriate evaluation.
>
> Hope you are having a great week!
>
> Patrick
>
> PS: One factoid for anyone who does have the time/interest in
> responding: Where are the LibreOffice members in the ODF TC at OASIS?
> The non-contribution of LibreOffice to the standard is another example
> of their free rider status in the open source community. The taking of
> the OpenOffice source code is another.
>
> On 5/29/2012 9:08 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
>> After "Can Apache OpenOffice still compete with LibreOffice?"
>> http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=0049362B-A9A4-500D-DDCDBD374AC219B5
/snip/

And so on.  If the LO and OO people would stop feuding with each other
and devote just a little time to
fixing the few remaining bugs in Lotus Symphony, they would have a
professional office suite, not
something cobbled together like the tweedle-dum/tweedle-dee OO and LO.
You OO and LO guys
just can't stand to see a name like IBM on anything, can you?  It _is_
open source.

--doug