From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't modify form
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 01:33:12 GMT
Andrew wrote:
> No matter what I do, I can't seem to modify a form I created with the
> wizard.
>
> For one thing, it says "read-only" at the top.  I can't seem to change
> that.  For another, it always says "form design" whether I'm entering
> data or not - I'm able to enter data so I'm baffled as to what's going
> on.  All the icons are greyed out too (including design mode).
>
> It created almost all fields the exact same size (whether the size is
> 2 or 50 internally, they're all 50 on the screen), even though I
> changed the size while I was in the wizard first creating the form.
>
> The "notes" field it created as a square (all the others are 50 space
> long rectangles), however when typing in the notes field it types it
> all on the same line rather than wrapping.  And it starts halfway down
> the window in the middle.
>
> Finally, I was trying to insert a record into a database I created.  I
> get "Value Too Long".  There is no indication whatsoever of which
> field is in error.  I finally figured out which one, but is there
> anyway to have it highlight which field is in error?
>
> Still working with OO 3.3 "Base".  My first time trying to create a
> database with OO.
>
> Thank you in advance for any info.
>
>      Beginning point: download this Guide at this link:
http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/english/userguide3/gs3/V3_3_revisions/0108GS3-GettingStartedWithBase.pdf/view.

        This should answer your questions. Later you might want to get
more of the Base Guide. Right now only the first four chapter have been
written, but they are only in Draft form. The link for them is
http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/english/userguide3/db3/dbg3_draft.

--Dan