From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Calc] Feature request: Find & Replace colors
Date Mon, 28 May 2012 23:01:14 GMT
Tony wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I color-code my cells to assist me in entering data, creating or changing
> formulae, or deleting data, formulae and links:
>
>     - Enter data and information in Green shaded cells only
>     - Blue shaded cells calculate results within a spreadsheet
>     - Data in Yellow shaded cells is transferred to other worksheets
>     - Purple shaded cells bring in data from other spreadsheets
>
> But now I want to replace those colors with different shades, and cannot
> find a function to do so.
>
> Could OpenOffice.org Calc perhaps incorporate a Find&  Replace function
> similar to that of, say, the Adobe apps?
>
> http://i.imgur.com/Xu9JG.png
>
> Thanks for listening.
>
> Tony

      Had you used cell styles to define these colors and applied these
styles to the cells of your spreadsheet, changing any of the colors
would be a snap. All you would have to do is to change the color in the
appropriate style.
      Furthermore, if you need a cell for a given purpose, you would
only have to click the cell and double click the proper style.

--Dan