From David B Teague sr <davidbtea...@comporium.net>
Subject Re: Is there a way to do this...
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 21:48:58 GMT
On 5/27/2012 5:21 PM, James Knott wrote:
> David B Teague sr wrote:
>> I don't know about power of Vim
> http://www.unilever.com/brands/hygieneandwelbeing/aroundthehouse/articles/cleansolutionsfromvim.aspx

> ;-)
>
> Actually, it's about what gets the job done.  Vi & Vim are on just
> about all Linux & Unix systems, whereas, as you mentioned, Emacs has
> to be specifically installed.  For quick updates to config files etc.,
> as simple editor, such as Vi(m) is all that's needed.

Yes that is a fact. Vi and Vim are small, simple, and powerful. I
learned vi specifically for when the gui didn't load. It is so much
better than ed.  But for programming and production, my personal
preference is almost any other text editor.

Note that I have not used vim. I retired from active Unix/Linux
management in 2000. I seem to recall vim was 'out there' but I didn't
use it.

I still prefer OO.o or LO to get my "today's" job done.

LOL.

DBTsr

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.