From David B Teague sr <davidbtea...@comporium.net>
Subject Re: Is there a way to do this...
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 21:11:16 GMT
On 5/27/2012 4:12 PM, James Knott wrote:
> Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>> Vim is the most powerful text editor on the planet
>> I'm not sure all those Emacs guys agreeā€¦ :P
>
> Emacs is an editor too???   ;-)

I will tell you when I put Emacs up on our Unix systems after the
faculty had been using Vi, there was a mad rush to learn and to use it
instead of Vi.

I don't know about power of Vim, as it is a distant descendant of Vi,
and it's been far too long for any of this to have much meaning, but I
assure you, no one liked Vi.

Today I stick to the GUI OO.o and LO.

David

--
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.