From Reizinger Zoltán <zreizin...@hdsnet.hu>
Subject Re: Mac OSX, Mysql native connector extension, and crashes
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 16:56:34 GMT
2012.05.27. 18:11 keltezéssel, Alexander Thurgood írta:
> Le 26/05/12 01:59, drew a écrit :
>
> Hi Drew,
>
>> I believe you missed an earlier decision by the group - that extension
>> is no longer supported. No reason really to open a bug report.
>
> No, I didn't ;-) but hell, I thought that seeing as it is still being
> provided for download on the AOOo extensions site and that nothing on
> there in relation to it says that it will probably no longer work, there
> is an expectation by people who previously used OOo and then upgrade to
> AOOo that the connector will continue to function.
>
> In other words :
> - if it is supposed to work, then the project should attempt to ensure
> that it continues to work ;
License incompatibility stopped us to develop further. (MySQL code C++
part has a GPL license, and this is incompatible to AL2)
If somebody want and can continue the development, can get the source
code to external repository, and could give to users as extension.
Within the AOO project it is not possible.

> - if it is not supposed to work, then the project should either put up,
> as a minimum, the fact that it is no longer supported on the extensions
> website, or else pull the extension completely - obviously, pulling the
> extension would upset those who still may have a use for OOo 3.2.1 or
> 3.3.0 (myself included).
I will put some words, about the stopped development, If I get the
commenting possibilities.
> So I suppose, ultimately, the problem is one of communication by the
> AOOo project to the broader slice of the unwitting population less
> knowledgable about the decisions made earlier on in the year.
Agree.
Zoltan