From "Ian \"Witty\" Whitfield" <edi...@federalsaints.net>
Subject PostgreSQL SDBC Driver fails to connect
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 15:40:18 GMT
Hi All

I'm trying to use the PostgreSQL: SDBC Driver, following the
instructions on _www.openoffice.org/dba/drivers/postgresql/index.html_,
with AOO 3.4.

I have installed PostgreSQL Server on my PCLinuxOS 2012-2 machine.
Started the Server in the Control Panel and downloaded the SDBC Driver.

When I try to make a connection I select (as instructed), "Connect to
existing Database", in step two it asks for Datasource URL and the
instructions say this can be left blank if the Server is on the local
machine (which it is). Whatever I enter in this box results in a "Failed
to connect - Database does not exist". If I leave it blank I have no
option to go on with the installation.

How do you set this up to create a new database from scratch?

Thanks for any help.

Ian W
Pretoria