From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: LO and OO--how?
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 06:55:48 GMT
On 05/17/2012 10:16 PM, drew wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-17 at 21:57 -0400, Doug wrote:
>> I have LibreOffice on Linux.  I'd like to try OpenOffice.  I don't
>> really care if it wipes out LO, as I prefer Symphony to that anyway.
>> It's buggy, but it's more user-friendly and more polished.
>
>> --doug
>> What must I do to try OO?  And is it available in RPM form?
>>
> Go to http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
> you will find your RPM files.
>
> Follow the installation instructions at
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#linux
>
> That's it.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> //drew

I think I've gotten much of the way there. I've done everything up to
instruction 7, "Install the desktop integration features for your setup.
...and depending on your package manager/system, install the appropriate
desktop interface using RPM." Now I'm stuck.  The choices are
freedesktop-menus     mandriva-menus     redhat-menus
suse-menus         I am running PCLinuxOs, which is derived (some time ago)
from Mandriva, so should I use that?  My package manager is Synaptic, my
desktop is KDE.  Please advise.

Thanx for your assistance.  --doug