From Regina Henschel <>
Subject Re: Installation
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 19:13:43 GMT
Hi Richard,

Richard Gravel schrieb:
> I downloaded oo 3.4 to instal over my (working) 3.3. Writer works for
> a few seconds, then it crashes. It recovers, work again for a few
> seconds, and crashes again... forever.
> I did a full de-install, downloaded a new copy, installed it,
> restarted the computer...same result.

A new installation does not remove your user settings. There might be
something incompatible in your user settings.

Do you see the Quickstarter in the info area? Right click and close it.
Search for the file registrymodifications.xcu. It is usually in
C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Application
Data\\3\user. It is a hidden folder. Rename that file and
restart Apache OpenOffice. The file registrymodifications.xcu will be
newly generated. You will loose some setting, for example your history,
but it might help.

If this single action does not help, try to rename the folder user
itself. Do you had installed any extensions? You will need to reinstall
them in this case.

Kind regards

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: