From John Boyle <jhnboyle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installation
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 19:08:05 GMT
On 5/15/2012 11:55 AM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
> On 2012-05-15 12:05 PM  Richard Gravel wrote:
>>      I downloaded oo 3.4 to instal over my (working) 3.3. Writer
>> works for a few seconds, then it crashes. It recovers, work again for
>> a few seconds, and crashes again... forever.
>>
>> I did a full de-install, downloaded a new copy, installed it,
>> restarted the computer...same result.
>>
>> Working under Windows SP3.
>>
>> Richard
>
> Reset you user profile. For instructions see:
>  http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426#p58403

To Mr. Gusaas: If this were a truely simple and straightforward upgrade,
no one should have to reset anything! They never had to before, so why
now? Of what real advantage does 3.4 give anyone, who simply needs a
really good word processing program and has found that most of OOo of
any version, packs too much into itself for most home users!!!!!:-\ :-(