incubator-ooo-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: Problem with 3.4
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 18:58:14 GMT
Great!

Cleaning the registry is indeed a good point.
For the record, CCleaner has been cited many times on the forums, it seems to be quite good
also.

Hagar


Le sam. 12 mai 2012 19:36:05 CEST, John Gregson <jfgregson@shaw.ca> a écrit :

> This us an update of the problem that I was having.
> I am using Win 7-32
>
> Again my thanks to Hagar who tried to help, but my computer knowledge is limited.
>
> I think that I fixed it; time will tell.
> I deleted all copies of OO 3.3
> Then when into Windows Explorer and found an Open Office folder at: C:\user\AppData\roaming;
> I deleted this folder.
> Ran my Registry Cleaner (was this necessary ?)
> Downloaded and installed fresh install file.
> The program seems to be working; I opened several files (.odt & ods) made some
> changes, then saved them.
> Again time will tell; not certain why the above worked.
>
> John.
>
>
>
> On 09-May-12 1:12 PM, Hagar Delest wrote:
>> Reinstalling won't help.
>>
>> At least renaming the profile is not that difficult, there is a screenshot of the
dialog needed to make the hidden files displayed, it can help.
>>
>> Hagar
>>
>>
>> Le Wed, 09 May 2012 11:46:25 -0700, John Gregson <jfgregson@shaw.ca> a écrit
:
>>
>>> Hagar.
>>>
>>> Thank you for your reply.
>>> I took a look at the Web Page mentioned in your email; however this is well
>>> beyond my capabilities.
>>>
>>> I did try another install using a fresh file, but I got identical results.
>>> Guess I'll have to give up on Open Office.
>>>
>>> John.
>>>
>>>
>>> On 09-May-12 11:11 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> See http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
>>>> Try to rename the registrymodifications.xcu file in the user profile; If
no change, rename the whole folder.
>>>>
>>>> You may experience such issue when there are heavy changes between versions.
>>>>
>>>> Hagar
>>>>
>>>> Le Wed, 09 May 2012 10:47:10 -0700, John Gregson <jfgregson@shaw.ca>
a écrit :
>>>>
>>>>> First, I find your Mail List confusing; there should be something at
the start of the
>>>>> Subject field to identify Apache; like OoA; or whatever.
>>>>>
>>>>> I'm not certain I'm sending this message to the correct place.
>>>>>
>>>>> Now onto my problem:
>>>>> I am using Win7-32.
>>>>> I had OO 3.3, and it was working well.
>>>>> I downloaded the 3.4 file, ran it, and everything seemed O.K.
>>>>> But when I started the new OO it opened O.K., and I even loaded a spreadsheet
and it looked
>>>>> fine for a short time, then OO brought up an error message stating:
>>>>> "Open Office Document Recovery".
>>>>> I got out of this, but this same error keeps repeating.
>>>>> My existing documents, when I can see them, appear to be O.K., but this
>>>>> "Document Recovery" thing seems to be in a loop.
>>>>> I've uninstalled 3.4 (and of course 3.3)
>>>>> Please understand, I am an older guy with very limited computer knowledge,
>>>>> so I can provide very little help.
>>>>>
>>>>> John.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org
>>
>>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message