incubator-ooo-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From John Gregson <jfgreg...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: Problem with 3.4
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 17:36:05 GMT
This us an update of the problem that I was having.
I am using Win 7-32

Again my thanks to Hagar who tried to help, but my computer knowledge is 
limited.

I think that I fixed it; time will tell.
I deleted all copies of OO 3.3
Then when into Windows Explorer and found an Open Office folder at: 
C:\user\AppData\roaming;
I deleted this folder.
Ran my Registry Cleaner (was this necessary ?)
Downloaded and installed fresh install file.
The program seems to be working; I opened several files (.odt & ods) 
made some
changes, then saved them.
Again time will tell; not certain why the above worked.

John.



On 09-May-12 1:12 PM, Hagar Delest wrote:
> Reinstalling won't help.
>
> At least renaming the profile is not that difficult, there is a 
> screenshot of the dialog needed to make the hidden files displayed, it 
> can help.
>
> Hagar
>
>
> Le Wed, 09 May 2012 11:46:25 -0700, John Gregson <jfgregson@shaw.ca> a 
> écrit :
>
>> Hagar.
>>
>> Thank you for your reply.
>> I took a look at the Web Page mentioned in your email; however this 
>> is well
>> beyond my capabilities.
>>
>> I did try another install using a fresh file, but I got identical 
>> results.
>> Guess I'll have to give up on Open Office.
>>
>> John.
>>
>>
>> On 09-May-12 11:11 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> See 
>>> http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
>>> Try to rename the registrymodifications.xcu file in the user 
>>> profile; If no change, rename the whole folder.
>>>
>>> You may experience such issue when there are heavy changes between 
>>> versions.
>>>
>>> Hagar
>>>
>>> Le Wed, 09 May 2012 10:47:10 -0700, John Gregson <jfgregson@shaw.ca> 
>>> a écrit :
>>>
>>>> First, I find your Mail List confusing; there should be something 
>>>> at the start of the
>>>> Subject field to identify Apache; like OoA; or whatever.
>>>>
>>>> I'm not certain I'm sending this message to the correct place.
>>>>
>>>> Now onto my problem:
>>>> I am using Win7-32.
>>>> I had OO 3.3, and it was working well.
>>>> I downloaded the 3.4 file, ran it, and everything seemed O.K.
>>>> But when I started the new OO it opened O.K., and I even loaded a 
>>>> spreadsheet and it looked
>>>> fine for a short time, then OO brought up an error message stating:
>>>> "Open Office Document Recovery".
>>>> I got out of this, but this same error keeps repeating.
>>>> My existing documents, when I can see them, appear to be O.K., but 
>>>> this
>>>> "Document Recovery" thing seems to be in a loop.
>>>> I've uninstalled 3.4 (and of course 3.3)
>>>> Please understand, I am an older guy with very limited computer 
>>>> knowledge,
>>>> so I can provide very little help.
>>>>
>>>> John.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org
>
>

-- 
John. jfgregson@shaw.ca

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: ooo-users-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message