From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: query
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 17:26:04 GMT
Hi John,

John Ralph schrieb:
> office. Since installation all of my Word files appear as Openoffice
> files and to open with Word I have to specify Word rather than just
> double clicking. How can I keep my files in Word form? John

Then you have probably checked the option to open those files with
OpenOffice during installation. OpenOffice does it not automatically.

Such file associations are handled by your operating system. By right
click on the file icon you get a context menu. One of the items should
be "Open with...". In the dialog choose Microsoft Word and (important)
check to _always_ open it with this program in the lower part of the dialog.

If that does not help, try to "repair" or "alter" your Microsoft Word
installation. If that does not help too, please ask a forum for your
operating system.

Kind regards
Regina