From Mike Scott <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Subject Re: [ooo-users] Dealing with unfamiliar emails - was Re: New Guy, Suggestion
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 15:50:25 GMT
On 08/05/12 16:42, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 11:30:25AM -0400, Jeffrey Deutsch wrote:
>> I respectfully suggest the list owners/managers consider doing this -
>> maybe after taking a membership poll?
>
> I'm in favour.

Contra.

As I said, we've recently been round this loop; iirc a straw poll was
indecisive, and nothing was done.

The point I was making about the subject line was that clutter can build
up. Whatever engine adds the prefix *must not* touch the subject proper.
Ergo, adding an 'OT' or possibly a 'Re' is enough to muddle the subject
line.

BTW, Jeffrey seems to be starting a new thread with every post. Not
helpful for the reader or the archive system.

I'll shut up now on this topic.......

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England