From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hong Kong Distributor (Free Software-Free CD-ROM)
Date Sun, 06 May 2012 12:40:59 GMT
info@softwaredistributor.info wrote:
> Re:Hong Kong Distributor (Free Software-Free CD-ROM)
> http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/cdrom/index.html
> Please Change my website URL from
> http://www.networkowned.com (Domain illegally transferred to other account)
> http://www.softwaredistributor.info

(You wrote to two public mailing lists: see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-users/
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-marketing/ )

OK, we have two issues here.

The first one is to remove the existing link for Hong Kong, which points
to a patently unrelated site (first external link above). This is now
solved at http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/cdrom/index.html

The second one would be to add the new "community distributor", i.e.,
your last URL above. But this site has some stuff that can keep
Trademarks (in CC) busy for a while (examples: logo of Apache OpenOffice
3.4 while actually distributing version 3.3, some quite unrelated links
at the bottom of page, trademarks not acknowledged) and we might want to
deeply restructure the
http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/cdrom/index.html
page a few weeks after version 3.4 is released. So I don't feel
confident in adding the link before we hear from Trademarks that it is
OK to do so.

A lot of other sites already listed at
http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/cdrom/index.html
have the same issue.