From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: openoffice spell check problems
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 18:42:27 GMT
If you want to avoid this, paste the text as unformatted text. Or once pasted, select and hit
Ctrl+M.
The bug is not with the software but with the settings the copy operation carries with the
selection.

Hagar

Le Thu, 03 May 2012 06:57:20 +0100, Chris Addington <cdadd@iafrica.com> a écrit :

> manythanx brian barker & hagar delest for replies
>
> i now see why importing of text can disable spellcheck but the point is that it disables
for the entire doc, not solely the imported text - it seems to me that this is a software
glitch (further points for developers:- should it still disable for imported text? why is
the imported format not subordinated to onboard settings?)

> but, manythanxagain hagar, brian
>
> regardschris
>
> Chris Addington Pr.Eng.
>

> On 02/05/2012 19:31, Hagar Delest wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have a look at: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16512
>> There are some screenshots.
>>
>> Hagar
>>
>> PS: Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss some replies...
>>

>> Le Wed, 02 May 2012 08:43:19 +0100, Chris Addington <cdadd@iafrica.com> a écrit
:

>>> hi
>>> spell check can become disabled when text copied into body of doc
>>>
>>> found that 'select all', 'clear formatting' removes this block - but it doesn't
explain why spell check is disabled