From "Niall Martin" <>
Subject Re: OO spreadsheet question
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 16:01:24 GMT
I open csv files in notepad (actually textpad, which is better in various ways), then highlight

the download, copy, then open my spreadsheet, where there are columns set for date,
currency etc., so that I can paste it in at the point you choose.  Up comes a dialogue.  The

important box to tick is the one that says the divider is a comma.  You don't want tab here

(csv is after all comma separated variable!) There is another that allow you to set single
double quotes.  Experiment to see what works best (a box shows the effect) -- I set single

quotes.  Then hit the OK button.

That should do it.