From Bill Dillinger <cjb...@his.com>
Subject Re: OO spreadsheet question
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 15:34:23 GMT
Thanks to All! Really quick responses. I have created a new folder in
Thunderbird to save mail from this group as the responses are really
good. Paul's response was first and lead me to an easy answer. My dialog
box had a check for "Quoted field as text". When I unchecked this box
the numbers came in as numbers.

In my files most fields were included in double quotes,", rather than
the single quotes as in Paul's example. Interesting to me the date field
was preceded by 3 quotes and followed by one and it still comes in with
a leading ' in the formula window but that doesn't hurt. All text fields
still come in as text so I am good.

Thanks again.
Bill Dillinger