From Bill Dillinger <cjb...@his.com>
Subject OO spreadsheet question
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 14:25:54 GMT
When I download my bank statements they come as  .csv  files. When I
open these in the Open Office spreadsheet the fields with numbers come
in as characters and the formula window shows them to be preceded by
  a quote, ', mark. I have looked through 'help' but have not found a way
to remove the leading quote or to reformat the column to numbers so
they can be used in calculations.

I would appreciate it if someone would tell me how to change these columns
of characters into numbers.