From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] Oracle MySQL connector (was Mac OSX, Mysql native connector extension, and crashes)
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 21:03:22 GMT
Hi Reizinger,

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 07:02:09PM +0200, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:
> >>So I suppose, ultimately, the problem is one of communication by the
> >>AOOo project to the broader slice of the unwitting population less
> >>knowledgable about the decisions made earlier on in the year.
> >It seems people *do* still download that extension:
> >Downloads: Today: 100 | Week: 1,612 | Month: 5,404 | Year: 230,495
> >
> >I think that a good solution would be to upload a new version with the
> >description.xml modified to include a MAXIMAL version:
> >
> ><dependencies>
> >     <OpenOffice.org-minimal-version value="3.1" d:name="OpenOffice.org 3.1"/>
> >     <OpenOffice.org-maximal-version value="3.3" d:name="OpenOffice.org 3.3"/>
> ></dependencies>
> >
> >This will make the extension impossible to be installed in AOO>= 3.4
> This will not good move, the connector or AOO 3.4 has some problems,
> only in Mac versions.
> The extension works correctly at least for me, in windows and linux
> versions.
> Zoltan

In Linux x86-64 it has some issues:

- when creating a new database, testing the connection never works
- it displays all catalogs the user has rights, not only the one from
  the selected database
- try to open a table, nothing happens

I guess now it's up to Oracle if they still want to make available
a product they are no longer providing support.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina