From Ima Afrotrap <afrot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to do this...
Date Sun, 27 May 2012 22:48:33 GMT
On Sunday, 27 May 2012 16:40 Dwayne Henderson wrote:
> Emacs excels at things like bidirectional communications with co-operating
> processes, which is good for embedding things in (or marrying things to)
> the editor, like a shell, a REPL or a debugger. You need any of that,
> Afrotrap?
>
> Vim has a better text editing interface - period. As for Vi - we all know
> it sucks - but this never was about Vi.
>
> --Dwayne

  I've always had trouble egtting past a certain part(?) of some things. For
instance, I aced math all the way through geometry and then 15 years later while
trying to go to community college I did it again until I got to calculus and
physics...it was like being in a nice '65 GTO doing about 120 mph and suddenly a
10 foot thick block wall pops up in front of you with no braking room. I stuck
with the courses for another week but it did no good as I just kept getting
farther and farther lost.

  I've tried to learn (online and with books, can't afford school anymore since
I live on a disability check) programming in C++ for Linux, Python and Ruby. I'd
give my right cod to learn to program and especially to try it with a machine
language  because I'm so sick and tired of the bloat languages are causing
anymore, but again I get lost pretty quickly and frustrated.

  It's similar with other things but I never know what particular
subject/job/whatever-I-should-call-it it will happen with until I start at it. I
also have a kinda messed up memory, so, when I did take a curious look at Vi and
emacs a few years ago, it took all of about an hour +/- on each just piddling
around to know I would be lost using them.

  So, I mainly stick with gui stuff and once in a while ask how to get a little
thing done. Oh well....life in the woods, heh.

JB

--
Man is a religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only
animal that has the True Religion...several of them.  -Mark Twain