From Ima Afrotrap <afrot...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there a way to do this...
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 15:50:45 GMT
I often copy and paste from e-book formats into odt simply because odt is always
such a nice smaller file size and I have all the control in the world over what
kind of font I want to use, etc.

One problem I often have is something like this...

For instance, in the following sentence:

-----
He had just said wearily,"There's no timber down there to build cabins."
-----

There's no 'space' between the apostrophe and the beginning quotation marks. In
this particular e-book, there is a *LOT* of this and I'll not be able to enjoy
reading the book if I have to stop every 5 seconds to click on the spot and hit
the spacebar all the time.

I looked at the find/replace, but when I tried that it didn't work very well and
then I had to *delete* a space when it put it *between an apostrophe and an end
quotation mark.

I don't understand well enough how to use the regular expressions and would
really like to be able to use the find/replace so it can do the 1000+
corrrections for me and I can get back to the occassional manual fix, heh.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this to make it easier on myself and get
ahead with actual reading? (hopefully I described the problem well enough for
someone to actually be able to help me).

  JB