From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice 3.4 Blows Past 1M Downloads
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 05:35:57 GMT
On Thu, 17 May 2012 16:44:33 +1200
brenbern <brenbern@orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> Have tried installing but it crashes, reinstalled many times, downloaded
> anew, still crashes.
> Read forum, tried Hagar's userprofile change, unsuccessful.
> Will await improvement,
> Cheers, Bern
>
> On 17/05/2012 4:15 p.m., Rob Weir wrote:
> > Earlier today we hit the 1 million download mark for Apache OpenOffice
> > 3.4.   Congratulations to the AOO project team, and thanks to all the
> > users who downloaded this release over the past week, and especially
> > to those who took the time to write and offer suggestions or report
> > bugs.
> >
> > You can read more about our strong first week, including more
> > statistics and press excerpts,  in this short article:
> > http://www.openoffice.org/news/aoo34-1M.html
> >
> > If you have not yet installed Apache OpenOffice 3.4 you can get it
> > here:  http://download.openoffice.org

Without information as to your operating system and crash symptoms it is difficult to proffer
any advice. Every person's computer is differently configured andstrage things can cause crashes.
 If you have an active virus scanner or backup system, when that touches OpenOffice files
in use, there can be a crash.  If you are interested in getting AOO 3.4 running on your computer,
I suggest you post to the Forum at
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum
where we will try to help.

--