From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AOO always starts
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 01:50:26 GMT
On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 21:26 -0400, James Knott wrote:
> Dan Lewis wrote:
> > On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 18:53 -0400, James Knott wrote:
> >> I recently installed AOO 3.4 on Windows 7.  For some reason, it always
> >> starts when I boot up the computer, despite "Load OpenOffice.org During
> >> System Start-Up" not selected.
> >>
> >> Any ideas about how to stop it starting?
> >>
> >> tnx jk
> >       One thing I have noticed on my computer that is different from the
> > OOo.3.3 is that AOO 3.4 has a Quickstarter for Linux. I very seldom
> > shutdown or reboot my computer. But when I log out of one user's home
> > directory to go to another, AOO opens. This happens every time I do
> > this.
> >       Since this is the only change I have made, I believe that
> > this may be the cause. Further proof: I disabled quickstarter, logged
> > out, and logged back in. AOO did not start.
> >
> I have LibreOffice on my Linux systems.  However, I have supposedly
> disabled the quick starter with that setting I menitoned.  Previously,
> even with the quick starter enabled, the OO didn't open until you wanted
> it to.
     I forgot to mention that when I used OOo with Windows 98SE with the
Quickstarter. As you wrote, OOo did not open of start up unless it was
listed as one of the programs to do so. Quickstarter would not do that
by itself.
     The only thing that I can suggest it to disable the Quickstarter
and then restart your computer. If AOO starts on bootup, then there is
something else going on. If it doesn't start on bootup, then that was
the problem.
     Disabling Quickstarter worked for me in Linux, and it might also
work for you in Windows.
     Does the msconfig still work in the Command line in Windows? It use
to have a tab containing the programs that should open on bootup. Just a
thought.

--Dan