From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Not happy with the Google results
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 12:47:39 GMT
On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 08:34 -0400, Rod Lockwood wrote:
> I wanted to find where to get technical support on a question so I
> started to Google it. Then I decided to just see if the answer was
> available already so I tried that first. What I found out was very
> disappointing and discouraging.
>

> I do not want to be involved in or listen to a war.
>

> I had Oracle OpenOffice installed. I installed LibreOffice after
> Oracle quit supporting OpenOffice. Now I downloaded and installed
> Apache OpenOffice into the OpenOffice folder effectively upgrading
> OpenOffice. However, it is using the old settings, and worse, the old
> template folder and history list.
>

> Now I would like to import or merge the LibreOffice settings etc. into
> OpenOffice and make everything one again.
>

> But instead what do I find? What seems to be a war. A stupid,
> inconvenient, unnecessary dispute between LibreOffice and OpenOffice.
> I have no patience with this nonsense. I do not care about the
> details. As far as I am concerned there should not be two programs
> still.  I want a resolution soon, so I can go on with my projects
> without any decision as to which of the two office suites is better or
> whatever the argument is. Until then I am not going into a forum where
> I ask how to import/merge LibreOffice with the Apache OpenOffice and
> receive whining about incompatibility, loss of features and a lot of
> other things that I don’t care about. I realize it may not be as bad
> as it seems, but I am reluctant to post in the forum anyway.
>

> As  far as I am concerned Apache should have made sure all of the good
> features that are in LibreOffice would be in OpenOffice. LibreOffice
> developers and users should have expected that once OpenOffice was
> being continued and supported LibreOffice would no longer be needed
> and any developers should have been helping to develop OpenOffice.
>

> Until AOO 3.5 comes out I guess I will continue to use LibreOffice.
>

> --
> Sincerely,
> Rod Lockwood (White Phoenix)
> Rod’s Rants

    Yes, that was a rant.
    Now to the important points. But first you need to furnish some
information. What is your operating system? Or, do you know where AOO
has its folder in your home folder? If you use a version of Windows, do
you know how to make hidden files visible? This has to be done if you
are to copy the folder containing your personal settings from LO to AOO.
     With this information, someone should be able to tell you how to
copy your personal settings from LO to AOO.

   --Dan