From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New AOO: I have a big problem!
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 21:38:52 GMT
On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 13:58 +0200, Hagar Delest wrote:
> I've had this problem with one of the dev versions too.
> Go to the software center and install a JRE (just search for JRE in the search box).
> You can try to reset the profile too, it may help, see: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403#p58403
>
> Hagar

     I already had a JRE installed, so that is not the problem. I have
deleted the User folder in my home folder. Still it will not run.
I was able to log out and then log into my administrative user account.
There I erased the User Account in the home folder and both
openoffice.org folders in the /opt/ folder. I reinstalled AOO. This
time was able to get AOO running and selected JRE 1.7. I also have JRE
1.6_23 on my computer. Which should have been chosen? (1.7 of 1.6)
On the User account, I restarted AOO "opening" a Base embedded
database. The main window open, but when I clicked the Tables icon, I
got an error message: Could not locate "org.hsqldb.jdbc.JDBCDriver".
Without this, there is no connection to a database.
     soffice will run, but it does not do anything.

--Dan