From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New AOO: I have a big problem!
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 00:09:36 GMT
On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 19:28 -0400, Dan Lewis wrote:
> Basic data: OS, Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit, 2 GB RAM
>      I downloaded the file using the link in the announcement. Then I
> installed it using dpkg -i *.deb in the DEB folder. This has been the
> usual procedure.
>      But when I clicked the AOO icon, nothing seemed to happen. So, I
> used the command line using:
>     /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.
> Immediately I got this error message from the command line: javaldx
> failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!
>      How can I select A JRE until AOO runs long enough for me to go to
> Tools > Options > AOO > Java?
>      This may be somewhat important too: I downloaded the 2012-05-04
> daily build from the BuildBot. It did the very same things including
> using the command line to start it. I got the same error message as
> well.
>      I think this might be called a "show stopper".
>      I look forward to a solution.
>
> --Dan

     Important bit of information left out: when installing AOO, the
complete command line from the DEB folder was: sudo dpkg -i *.deb. This
temporarily gave me Administrative privileges while installing it.
     Addendum: I just installed AOO on Ubuntu 12.04 32bit. It started
with the normal splash screen, so I selected a JRE before closing it.
     So, if there is a problem, it is with the Deb 64 bit version.

--Dan