From Dan Lewis <elderdanle...@gmail.com>
Subject New AOO: I have a big problem!
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 23:28:48 GMT
     Basic data: OS, Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit, 2 GB RAM
     I downloaded the file using the link in the announcement. Then I
installed it using dpkg -i *.deb in the DEB folder. This has been the
usual procedure.
     But when I clicked the AOO icon, nothing seemed to happen. So, I
used the command line using:
    /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice.
Immediately I got this error message from the command line: javaldx
failed. User must select a JRE from options dialog!
     How can I select A JRE until AOO runs long enough for me to go to
Tools > Options > AOO > Java?
     This may be somewhat important too: I downloaded the 2012-05-04
daily build from the BuildBot. It did the very same things including
using the command line to start it. I got the same error message as
well.
     I think this might be called a "show stopper".
     I look forward to a solution.

--Dan