From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hijacked by Funmoods pretending to be Open Office
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 18:53:37 GMT
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Patrick Plummer <mpgpatrick@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a fake Open Office site:
>
> *http://www.office-suite-download.com/index.asp?camp=o1-1&se=m*<http://www.office-suite-download.com/index.asp?camp=o1-1&se=m>
>
> Trend Micro caught it this time but last week I ran the set up which
> downloaded Funmoods tool bar and all its crazy stuff.

Thanks, Patrick, for letting us know about this site.

If you have a minute, could you answer a few questions?  This could
help us understand better how people are being led to sites like this
and how we can help prevent this confusion.

1) What led you to www.office-suite-download.com? Was it an email
solicitation? A Google Search?  A link in social media?

2) Were you actively looking for OpenOffice at the time?

3) Had you heard of "OpenOffice" before you saw that website?

4) Did you think that the www.office-suite-download.com website was
endorsed or affiliated with the OpenOffice project?

5) When did you notice that something was wrong?

6) How did you then find us here on this mailing list?

If you would rather respond in private, directly to me, that is fine as well.

Thanks!

-Rob